I have countless bottles of nail polish (we’re talking 180+ bottles) so I’m always searching for ways to use them other than just for my nails because let’s face it, I will never use them all up. Combine them with my love of hair accessories and we’ve found a winner.
I always see pretty metallic and colorful bobby pins at places like Anthropologie but $18 for four bobby pins? That’s not so pretty. Then, I got to thinking, why not just make my own? Brilliant right?
- Start with grabbing some scrap paper.
- Clip the bobby pins on to the edge of the paper so they lie flat.
- Select the prettiest polish you can find and begin to paint the bobby pin.
- Use some q-tips to clean around the edges so the nail polish doesn’t pool up.
- Apply three coats. It takes a few coats to become opaque! It helps if you use lighter colored bobby pins.
- Wait for them to dry and then repeat on the other side.
- And voila! You’ve got yourself some good lookin bobby pins.